2017 Bolivia Global Money Week
- Participating Organizations:
- Asociación de Bancos Privados de Bolivia ASOBAN
- Banco BISA
- Banco de Crédito de Bolivia
- Banco Económico
- Banco Fortaleza
- Banco Ganadero
- Banco Mercantil Santa Cruz
- Banco Nacional de Bolivia
- Banco Solidario
- Grupo Amaya Capacitaciones
- Banco Unión
- Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Aberita Inca Huasi Ltda.
- Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Aberita Quillacollo Ltda.
- Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Aberita San Mateo Ltda.
- Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Aberita Abierta Fatima Ltda.
- Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Aberita San Roque Ltda.
- Entidad Financiera de Vivienda la Promotora E.F.V.
- Financial education workshops during the Credit Fair. To carry out this activity, ASOBAN will invite students from universities. The activity will last for four days, and at least five workshops will be held per day for 80 people per workshop.
- Interactive financial education booth: all those who enter the Credit Fair will be invited to visit the interactive booth “DESCUBRE Lo Simple de las Finanzas” (Discovery the Simplicity of Finance) which includes several financial education games. Students will be invited to register on the platform www.descubre.bo.
- “DESCUBRE” Challenge: During GMW, a certificate and a gift will be delivered to those who complete the financial education program www.descubre.bo
- Leading Organizations:
- Asociacin de Bancos Privados de Bolivia
- Grupo Amaya Capacitaciones
- Participanting Organizations:
- Banco BISA, Banco Unión, Banco Solidario, Banco Ganadero, Banco Económico, Banco PYME Los Andes Procredit, Banco de Crédito de Bolivia, Banco Fortaleza, Banco de la Nación Argentina, Banco Nacional de Bolivia, Cooperativa de Ahorro y Credito Abierta San Jose de Punata Ltda.
- Date of event:
- 14-18th of March
- Total number of children & youth engaged: 9 620
- Total indirect reach: 15 000
- Autoridad de Supervisión del Sistema Financiero (ASFI)
- Banco Central de Bolivia
- Date of event:
- 17th of March
Throughout Global Money Week 2017, ASOBAN will hold three educational activities:
Additionally throughout the week, the entities of Grupo Amaya Capacitaciones will be making several school visits. Cooperativas de Ahorro y Crédito Abiertas Inca Huasi, Quilacollo, San Mateo, Fatima, San Roque and La Promotora Entidad Finaniera de Vivienda will visit Educational Units from the different cities in Bolivia to teach students about various financial aspects. The expected result is that students will develop strong decision making skills regarding wise money management, awareness of their rights and obligations as financial users, and that young students learn how to recognize regulated and secure financial entities in Bolivia.
During the Week, Grupo Amaya Capacitaciones will aim for young people to get to know and better understand the operation of the Financial System in Bolivia and how ASFI (La Autoridad de Supervisión del Sistema Financiero) guarantees the safety of savings throughout the country
2016 Bolivia Global Money Week
The Association of Private Banks of Bolivia will lead the celebrations of Global Money Week 2016. Bolivia's focus on the theme "Take Part. Save Smart!" will emphasize the importance of the family and providing parents with the needed skills to instill good financial values in their children.
The leading organization is celebrating with a financial education fair directed to heads of the household. The fair will include several workshops, informative stands and an advising booth in which parents and their families can learn about the benefits of saving, consumer protection rights, how to use credit and other financial instruments.
We are very excited to see Global Money Week in Bolivia involving parents in helping children and youth to build a better future for themselves.
2015 Bolivia Global Money Week
The Banking Association of Bolivia, in partnership with eleven of its member institutions, developed a series of activities for the celebration of Global Money Week in Bolivia. The GMW celebrations in Bolivia were framed by the celebration of the annual Credit Fair, which was organized by the Banking Association of Bolivia (ASOBAN). An example of activities includes an interactive stand, in which participants had the opportunity to learn basic concepts of personal finance and acquired relevant skills to use while doing their financial planning. The stand placed particular importance on “goal setting” in respect to the process of financial planning, and also focused on how different products and services within the financial system can be of great help to achieve those goals.
During the fair, participants traveled the established route to learn about credit, how credit can play an important role in developing one’s personal finances, how to use credit and the security measures that need to be taken into consideration when using credit. By the end of the route, the youth were able to learn more about their personal finances and other financial instruments by enjoying a guided visit to the website www.descubre.bo, an online platform for financial education sponsored by the Banking Association of Bolivia.
Additionally, youth participants took part in a series of workshops focusing on the importance of goal setting, savings and general knowledge about the financial system of Bolivia.