Plan Your Global Money Week
Global Money Week 2021 may be different from how it was organised in the past due to the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. At the same time, it is now more important and relevant than ever to continue and enhance conversations with children and young people around money issues, so that they can feel confident in their skills and knowledge about managing financial matters. We encourage everyone to be active during the GMW, while at the same time to be safe and prudent and put the health of those involved in GMW activities ahead of anything else.
When organising GMW2021, please make sure to:
- Respect the national and local safety guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Prioritise digital interaction when in person activities are not recommended.
How does Global Money Week Campaign work?
In brief, organisations across the world organise their own GMW events during the Week, and share news, photos and information with the GMW Secretariat. News of all these activities are linked to each other via social media, and the GMW website.
How to plan Global Money Week in your country?
- Explore GMW website for country overviews, available resources and inspiring ideas for your GMW.
- If you are a public institution that is already an OECD/INFE full or regular member, you may take the lead of GMW in your country, identifying goals you wish to achieve, engaging partners you wish you collaborate with, and coordinating the activities of all stakeholders in your country.
- If you are not a public institution or not an OECD/INFE full or regular member, check if there is one in your country and get in touch with them so that you can all coordinate to achieve higher impact.
- If there is no OECD/INFE full or regular member institutions in your country, but your institution would like to join, get in touch with our team, so that we can support you through the process.
- Collaborate with a range of organisations and institutions to plan GMW branded events and activities. Share your plans with the GMW Secretariat!
How do we support you to organise your Global Money Week?
We support you in the following ways:
- Developing resources that can help plan your Week (toolkit, brochure, GMW logos, etc.) See more at ‘Resources’ section on the website.
- Exploring ideas and offering advice to help you run a successful GMW.
- Linking you to national coordinators, or other partners in your country and worldwide.
- Organising webinars prior to GMW2021 to share GMW updates and resources and meet other participants.
- Organising regional and global launches.
- Collecting data from participants all over the world to generate GMW Reports with country highlights.
Is there a fee to take part?
Absolutely not! All that we ask from you is that you keep us updated on your Global Money Week activities.
Tips for planning your GMW event!
- Don’t forget to add GMW to your annual event calendar!
- Contact your affiliated institutions, businesses, sponsors, and schools to inform them about the Week, and get them involved in GMW Campaign
- Explore ideas for potential events in ‘Activities’ section
- Get inspired by earlier events by reading GMW Reports published during 2013-2019
- Take fun photos and videos with GMW logos and share them with others
How can you send your photos or videos to GMW Team?
- PLEASE NOTE! For all media that include / show young people, please ensure that appropriate consent is obtained from parents, legal guardians, and/or from the photographer to ensure that the photos/videos may be widely published online (i.e. GMW website, press, social media, et cetera.) and in GMW publications.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
The OECD International Network on Financial Education (OECD/INFE)
Follow Global Money Week (GMW) online!
The official hashtags of GMW2021 are: